Whether you’re counting down the days to a well-earned break, preparing for that all-important business trip, or just getting away from the hustle and bustle for the weekend, there’s one thing every travel scenario has in common: Packing.
Despite all our best intentions of “packing light” more often than not we find ourselves drowning in piles of mini-toiletries, accessories, books and those endless weather dependent clothing options that we simply cannot leave at home.
Luckily for you, at Woods Travel we’re all about the customer experience, which is why we’ve dedicated our time to find the best possible packing hacks, to help get your holiday off to the best possible start!
1. Make sure muddy shoes from walking excursions don’t damage the rest of your suitcase items by wrapping them in shower caps – you can also stuff socks and other small products into your shoes to save space.
2. Prevent any accidents with liquid products by unscrewing each product lid, cutting a small square of cling film to wrap on top, and screwing the lid back on – a genius way of saving your precious suitcase items from damage.
3. Use pill cases for storage of smaller accessories such as rings, earrings and bracelets.
4. Use empty chapstick or camera film cases to hide valuables or extra holiday cash.
5. Folding your clothes may look neat and tidy, but can take up a lot of space in your case! By rolling your clothes, you create a lot more storage room (which means more outfits!)
6. If you’re travelling for business turn your blazers inside out and roll them to prevent creases
7. If you’re using a rolling suitcase try to put all the heavier items at the bottom so that the weight is distributed – this will make it much easier to roll.
8. Store any chargers or cables inside a glasses case to stop them getting damaged, lost or tangled
9. Put a dryer sheet in your suitcase with your clothes to keep them smelling fresh!
10. Gentleman travellers! Wrapping your belt inside the collar of your shirt will not only save space, but keep your collar stiff.
You can find out more about the fantastic range of UK & Continental Coach and Air Holidays we have on offer here.